- 12 oz pasta (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound mushrooms of choice, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 cup light cream (or half and half)
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Pre-heat oven to 375F. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. Set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. onion and mushrooms, cook for 2-3 minute or until the mushrooms are soft and tender. Add garlic, spinach, italian seasoning, and salt + pepper. cook for another minute.
Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in vegetable broth and then cream, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in parmesan just before turning off heat.
Pour cooked pasta into a large 13×9 baking dish. Top with spinach mushroom cream sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until bubbly.