It really doesn’t get much easier than this for a delicious dinner roll.
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 tbsp of butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3¼ cup of flour
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp regular active dry yeast
Garlic Basil Butter
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- In a bowl mix yeast, sugar and warm water. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes until yeast foams up.
- In the bowl of your mixer, mix the flour and salt together. To it, add egg, butter and yeast mixture. Mix using a dough hook attachment until it’s all well incorporated and dough forms into a ball. The dough will be a bit soft.
- Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, cover up with plastic wrap and let sit until doubled in size, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Punch down dough and knead it a bit, then cut the dough into 15 pieces. Roll each piece into long ropes about 15 inches and form into knots and place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Mix the butter ingredients together and brush over knots. Let knots rest for another 10 minutes then bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- If there’s any garlic basil butter left, brush again on knots before serving.