This is a great recipe, just in time for fall. Full of flavor, it’s sure to please! The original recipe called for 1 can of pumpkin, but the chili wasn’t as thick as we like, so we added more pumpkin. We served the chili with honey wheat soft baked pretzels on the side.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 sweet yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 to 2 cans (15 oz) pumpkin
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, zucchini and garlic; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, except for black beans. (Add additional pumpkin if you like a thicker chili) Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add black beans and cook for 10 minutes, then serve.