This is a recipe very similar to The Cheesecake Factory’s Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes.
2 tomatillos, chopped (remove papery skin)
4 ounces mild green chilies
1 green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
salt & fresh ground pepper
1 medium tomato, diced
1 tablespoon Spanish onion, minced
1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh minced
1/4 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 jalapeno, small minced
fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon water
3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 cups corn, sweet frozen
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup masa harina (corn flour)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 avocado, chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh chopped
1. Prepare SALSA VERDE by combining all ingredients in a food processor on high speed. Cover and chill.
2. Prepare TOMATO SALSA by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
3. Prepare SOUTHWESTERN SAUCE by combining all ingredients is a small bowl. Cover and chill.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F.
5. For the TAMALE CAKES coarsely puree 1 cup of the frozen corn in a food processor.
6. Combine pureed corn with softened butter, sugar and salt.
7. Blend well with electric mixer until smooth.
8. Add masa and flour and blend well.
9. Mix in the remaining 1/2 cup of frozen corn by hand.
10. Measure 1/2 cup portions and form into 3-inch patties.
11. Arrange patties on a baking sheet and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cakes are browned on the bottom.
12. Carefully flip cakes with a spatula and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until other side is browned.
13. While the cakes are baking, spoon some Salsa Verde onto a platter.
14. Coat the entire plate with about 1/4 in of the salsa.
15. Arrange the Tamale Cakes on the Salsa Verde.
16. Add a spoonful of Tomato Salsa on top of each Tamale Cake, then a dollop of sour cream, Southwestern Sauce, avocado and cilantro.