This twist on traditional cabbage slaw gets a touch of sweetness from pineapple and a little zip from horseradish dressing.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, cabbage, carrot and raisins.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, horseradish, celery seed, salt and reserved pineapple juice; whisk well.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.