This is a delicious fresh salad that is super easy to make. Great as an appetizer or light lunch/dinner.
- 1 medium apple, pealed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half length wise
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Hearts of Romaine, cut up (or salad of your choice)
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, lime juice, curry powder, ginger and salt. Add apple, grapes, celery and walnuts, stir to coat. Serve on top of hearts of romaine immediately or refrigerate until ready.