Delicious dinner! The cauliflower has a great nutty flavor to it when it’s roasted.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 1/2 pounds), cored and broken into small florets
- 1 medium red onion, halved and cut into thin wedges
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces cavatappi or other short pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Set a large pot of salted water to boil. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower, onion, and garlic with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast on lower rack until lightly browned and tender, 20 minutes, tossing once.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot. Add cauliflower mixture, Parmesan, and parsley; toss to combine. Tossing pasta, gradually add enough pasta water to form a thin sauce that coats pasta.