- 16 ounces chickpeas (I prefer to use dried and soak them over night instead of canned)
- 6 ounces roasted red bell peppers (I use the jarred peppers)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Toasted pita bread, for serving
Mix all ingredients, except olive oil and pita bread, in food processor until pureed, then slowly add in olive oil.
Let set up for 1 hour prior to serving.
Serve with toasted pita bread.
Delicious with homemade pita chips or fresh veggies!!!